During the Depression-era, a creative and enthusiastic chef came up with the water pie recipe. If you have been following internet trends for a long, you might remember it. Similar to that, a TikTok chef came up with another recipe – The Sprite Pie.
As the name suggests, the hard pie crust and a can of the sprite are all you need to have your delicious sprite pie ready to be consumed. From Youtubers to TikTok chefs and even individuals who have never baked in their life before, have jumped on the bandwagon. The name of the recipe itself sounds interesting and highly compelling to the listeners.
Imagining it in your mind, doesn’t the idea sound impossible to bake? Flour, sugar, and sprite baked together. What will it turn out to be? The impossible concoction of these easy-to-find ingredients for sure gives an edible outcome. But to believe it, you must try out this recipe yourself.
You never know. You might be surprised by the outcome of this dessert pie recipe. Without further due, let’s jump into the sprite pie recipe so you can start preparing it right away!
First, you need to gather all the ingredients of the recipe. You might find them in your pantry if you have restocked them recently.
- Frozen pie crust (thawed)
- One can of Sprite
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- One tbs vanilla extract
- Five tbs butter (grated)
- Four tbs flour
We would say it is better to have a sprite pie than a whole pie and a sprite individually. Why increase the calorie intake when you can keep it on the healthy side by combining the two?
- Calories: 262.3
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 25.3g
- Fat: 12.4g
Now you might have noticed that a frozen pie crust is a must-have ingredient. Since, in the original recipe, the chef went with a pre-made pie crust; therefore, we did the same. But if you wish to prepare the homemade crust by yourself, then go ahead. It is 100% your choice.
So, here are the directions to prepare this viral recipe. Just thinking about it, how hard do you think it would be on a scale of 1 to 10? We think we would give it a solid one as it is pretty simple and straightforward. Let’s jump right into the details.
- First things first! Make sure to preheat your oven at 200ºC.
- Next, take a bowl and mix flour and sugar properly.
- Take your pie crust out of the freezer and pour the can of sprite onto the crust.
- Using a spoon, evenly spread the mixture of flour and sugar onto the sprite.
- Add vanilla extract and grated butter to the pie to help the mixture combine.
- Now, place the pan in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 135ºC and let it bake for another 30 minutes.
- Once done, take the pan out of the oven and let it sit at room temperature.
- When the mixture settles down, place it in the fridge and let it get cool.
- And you are all done!
The pie is ready to be served! Cut the sprite pie into slices and enjoy its caramelized and lemon-like flavor!
Some Helpful Tips and Tricks
Combining sprite with flour and sugar feels like preparing a dough. It can get messy, especially if you don’t do it right. When you begin with the recipe, you might find it more of a science experiment than a food item. Carbonated soda can have that effect, especially when baked alongside sugar.
To help you out with your first try, here are a few tips and tricks that we have found helpful. These will for sure make the sprite pie recipe more fun, exciting, and less messy.
- Instead of just covering the edges of the pie crust, try placing a large sheet of tin foil onto the pie. Using your hands, wrap it all around the pie. Make sure to cover all sides and bases to avoid burning.
- For more flavor, we suggest that you poke a few holes in the tin foil to let the hot air pass through. You definitely want the flour and sugar to get baked before you have it.
- Make sure that the pie is chilled enough before cutting it into pieces.
- Cut the pie into pieces, folded in the tin foil. It will help avoid crust crumbs from falling all over the place.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the pie into desired pieces instead of a knife.
So how did it turn out? The mystery of the lemon pie recipe was at last solved, and we enjoyed it. If we were to compare it to the water pie, we would say that sprite pie is way better! Our experience suggests that water pie has more of a cookie-like taste. On the other hand, the sprite pie is more like a blend of lemonade and flour. It has more caramel taste than water pie.
We suggest that you give it a try yourself and jump in the Viral TikTok food trends right ahead. Even if you are not a chef, you will be surprised to find out how much you enjoyed the experience. It is fun and exciting. Who needs cocoa powder or vanilla anymore? We have got sprite, and we love it!
Let us know in the comments section about your experience with this TikTok inspired amazing Sprite Pie recipe.