Baked Feta Pasta – A TikTok Viral Recipe
TikTok, just like all other social media platforms, is all into setting trends. From transition styling videos to popping dance moves, it has become a top favorite spot for millions globally to spend their free time and get entertained in various ways. But recently, we have noticed something new on TikTok.
Can you guess what? If you are thinking about peculiar food recipes, then you are on the right track. With the Covid-19 pandemic grasping the world, individuals were forced to make the most out of their time at home, especially in the kitchen. We have seen several viral TikTok recipes cooked by creative chefs using simple and off ingredients found in almost all kitchens.
Out of all those recipes, the one that hit many and became a trend is the Baked Feta Pasta. The sound of that or simply imagining it in your head might not sound too delicious. But trust us, roasted feta bursting with cherry tomatoes is a great combination.
Do you wish to try it out? Well, we have a mouthwatering feta pasta recipe for you. It will only take a few minutes of your time, we promise. Prep and bake – and you are done! It is as simple as that. Use the feta pasta recipe below and give it a try. Test it yourself and be the judge of the viral feta pasta trend.
Let’s start with the feta pasta ingredients. Here is a list of items that you will need to prepare your Baked Feta Pasta. You will probably have most of these ingredients readily available in your kitchen.
- Two pt. cherry or grape tomatoes
- One shallot, quartered
- Three cloves garlic smashed (optional)
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- One (8-oz.) block feta
- Three sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt
- Ten oz. pasta
The good thing is that the feta pasta recipe is highly nutritious. So even if you are planning on eating healthy, it should fit perfectly into your balanced healthy diet plan.
- Calories: 718
- Total Fat: 40 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
- Sodium: 596 mg
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Protein: 19 g
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it is time that you start preparing. Follow the simple steps provided below to successfully have your golden baked feta pasta ready in no time.
- Set the oven to preheat at 400°.
- Take a large skillet or baking dish, preferably ovenproof, and add ¾ of the olive oil to it.
- Now further add the tomatoes, garlic, shallot to the skillet.
- To add taste, season the mixture with red pepper flakes and salt as per your liking.
- Next, add feta into the mixture and drizzle it with the remaining ¼ olive oil.
- Sprinkle thyme over the mixture, mainly the tomatoes.
- Place the skillet/pan in the oven and let it run for 40-45 minutes until the feta turns golden.
- While you are waiting for the feta to get ready, take a large cooking pot and add salted water to it.
- Add the pasta to it and cook it as per the instructions mentioned on the packaging.
- Drain the pasta, but make sure to save at least a cup of pasta water.
- Now, take the skillet out of the oven. Add the pasta water and the cooked pasta to the tomatoes and feta mixture.
- Stir it thoroughly until all ingredients are properly mixed.
- Add a bit of basil to it for garnishing.
- And it is ready to be served.
Few Tips for A Better Outcome
TikTok trends have many new chefs cooking. For a beginner, preparing pasta using a handful of ingredients might seem a little odd. But it works! You should give it a try, and you will see the results yourself.
However, there are a few changes that we made to the original recipe. They helped us prepare a delicious and mouthwatering basked feta pasta. Have a look at them as they might help you excel on your first try as well.
- According to the original recipe, one should bake the feta and tomatoes for 30 minutes at 400° and then increase the temperature for the next 10 to 15 minutes. But we found that it might burn the top of the feta if the temperature gets too high. Therefore, we recommend you let the oven run at the same temperature to get a pretty shade of golden.
- Feta and tomatoes make a great combination, but you can always play around with the recipe. Why not spice up things by adding quartered shallots, garlic, basil, or red pepper flakes? Add your favorite spices and veggies to it to add a personal touch to the recipe.
- Lastly, do not drain all of the pasta water. You will need it when combining pasta, feta, and tomatoes. It makes the process smoother and helps you evenly mix all ingredients throughout the dish.
Keep these in mind. You will thank us later!
Other TikTok Recipes to Try
Other than Baked Feta Pasta, there have been several other recipes as well that have gone significantly viral on the social media platform. If you are a chef, a foodie, or simply a trend follower, these recipes might add a touch of excitement to your day.
We agree that they don’t sound or seem delicious, but you have to remember that they go viral for a reason. There has to be something good about them! What has made hundreds and thousands try them out?
Baked Feta Pasta recipe is one of the best out of all – an original, loved by almost all. Try it. You never know, it might become next favorite meal at your home.