Linguine pasta, cooked al dente, then folded through fresh crab meat with a sauce of roasted tomatoes, herbs and prosecco. Decadent, delicious and simple, taking quality ingredients and making them shine is the ethos of Italian cooking, perfectly demonstrated in this dish.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ cup prosecco / white wine (optional)
- 10 oz white crabmeat
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 30 minutes
Total 40 minutes
- Baking tray
- Saute pan
Crab Linguine Recipe Guide
- Preheat an oven to 375F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cherry tomatoes onto the baking tray, drizzle with one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil then season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with water and set on a high heat.
- Bring the water to a boil, season with salt and add the linguine.
- Cook the linguine for 8 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, place a saute pan on medium heat and add the remaining extra-virgin olive oil.
- Then add the sliced garlic and chilli flakes, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the roasted tomatoes into the saute pan and add the prosecco.
- Reduce the prosecco for 2 minutes, forming the tomatoes into a loose sauce.
- When the pasta is nearly cooked, strain through a colander and reserve half a cup of the pasta water.
- Stir the pasta into the saute pan along with the white crabmeat, lemon juice and parsley, warm through for 1 minute, adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding the reserved pasta water.
- Serve the crab linguine immediately amongst four bowls.